Sunday, March 23, 2008

First Injury!!

Yesterday at Baseball Broden had his first injury. He was up to bat and the ball hit his knuckle. He was such a trooper, he still ran to first base and was safe. He then looked down at his hand and saw that it was swollen and was starting to turn purple. So we spent our afternoon in the Emergency Room. Thank goodness it was not broken and only bruised. They put it in a brace and wrapped it. Broden's reaction was... "Cool, can I keep this on for school on Monday, and can my friends sign it?" I am just glad he can still play Baseball!


Nothing a little Ice Cream won't fix!!!

5 comments:

Jarrod said...

What a tough guy....how'd you bear through it?! I noticed your hair is blonde again, I like it, I liked it dark too but to me you'll always be a blonde. I wondered if that tornado got anywhere close to you guys. So anyways, I miss you and I hope you are doing well, I'll call you soon so we can catch up.

Jarrod said...

That's what you call a knuckle ball....haha! Had to add that in because I was really surprised at my cleverness...

Louise said...

Broden...I want to sigh it too! Wow- you are a super hero! Imagine?? Smashing your finger and then still running to first base- very cooooool!
Cute Easter dress Casey & matching purse! That's my girl!

The Schaefer's said...

Poor Broden. I'm glad it was just a bruise. Hannah got her thumb hit by a baseball once and lost her thumbnail..ewwww! Hope he gets to feeling better soon. Miss you bunches and bunches.
Love,
Jen

Jenkinson Family said...

What a brave kid. Hey I need your email address. Will you email it to me? Thanks Shay